You can help Rodney continue his important work
"We urge you to support Rodney Croome’s work on behalf of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities. Rodney’s work has resulted in great changes locally and nationally, but his work needs your financial help if it is to continue. Please read the letter included below and give generously if you can."
Dorothy McRae McMahon (openly lesbian Uniting Church minister)
Richard Flanagan (Tasmanian novelist and film maker)
Lynne Fitzgerald (Secretary, Unions Tasmania)
Rodney Croome is widely recognised as Australia’s most effective, respected and accomplished advocate for gay and lesbian rights. His contribution to transforming Tasmania from the state with Australia’s worst laws and attitudes on homosexuality to the state with the best, is will known. Less well known is Rodney’s successful work at a national and international level, as well as the fact that Rodney consistently volunteers 30 to 40 hours a week of his time to campaigning for law reform and social change.
Rodney’s work includes
- lobbying members of parliament, the public service, non-government organisations
- conducting high profile media campaigns
- organising and contributing to workshops and seminars on LGBT issues
- organising and contributing to anti-homophobia training in a wide range
of institutions including schools and the police sertvice, and
- raising awareness throughout the community about the need for change.
This work has been recognised through awards such as
- the Inaugural Chris Carter Memorial Award (1991)
- the Inaugural Tasmanian Award for Humanitarian Activities (1991)
- entry into the Melbourne Rainbow Hall of Fame (1994)
- the Inaugural Tasmanian Award for Community Service (1999),
- a Centenary Medal (2002), and
- an Order of Australia (2003)
All this work costs money and we would gratefully welcome your financial support.
MAKING A DONATION
Donate using Paypal by using the Donate button at the top right of this page.
If you would like to make a direct deposit the details are
Account name: Rodney Croome sponsorship fund
Account number: 10147086
Please send your cheques or money orders to
Rodney Croome Sponsorship Fund
C/o Tasmanian Gay and Lesbian Rights Group
GPO Box 1733
Thank you for your generosity. [ Email This Article ]