Fri Apr 29, 2005
Sydney same-sex marriage forum
Come hear the case for state same-sex marriage legislation.The forum will be held upstairs at the Newtown Hotel, Cnr of King and Watkin Sts Newtown from 6pm on Sunday 1 May 2005.
Speakers in attendance and order will be:
1) Rodney Croome - Gay Advocate
2) Nick McKim MP - Tasmanian Greens Justice Spokesperson
3) Farida Iqbal - Community Action Against Homophobia
4) Luke Gahan - Australian Marriage Equality
5) David Scamell - Gay and Lesbian Rights Lobby
6) Lee Rhiannon MP - NSW Greens Justice Spokesperson
The MC will be Ray Goodlass, the Greens LGBTI spokesperson. The intent is to have people speaking for 5-7 minutes and then the panel taking questions from the floor.
[ comments? ]